Martial Arts Insurance Events
Accident Medical and General Liability Insurance for
Boxing, Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts, MMA Events, Wrestling & Toughman Competitions
Pays the medical bills of an injured participant, staff member or volunteer
Who is covered?
All participants are covered while participating in Policy holder sponsored and supervised boxing, kickboxing or wrestling events. A participant is also covered while traveling, directly and without interruption, to and from any Policy holder sponsored activity and his or her home or place of residence.
What are the coverage amounts?
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
If a covered injury results in any of the losses specified below within one year after the date of the accident, the Company will pay the applicable amount.
- Full Principal Sum for loss of life
- Full Principal Sum for double dismemberment
- Full Principal Sum for loss of sight of both eyes
- 50% of the Principal Sum for loss of one hand, on foot or sight of one eye
- 25% of the Principal Sum for loss of index finger and thumb of same hand
Member means hand, foot, or eye. Loss of hand or foot means complete severance above the wrist or ankle joint. Loss of eye means the total, permanent loss of sight. If the Principal Sum is payable, no indemnity will be paid for dismemberment. In any event, the Double Dismemberment Indemnity is the maximum amount payable under this Benefit for all losses resulting from one accident.
Maximum Medical Expense Benefit
If the Covered Person incurs eligible expenses as the result of a covered injury, the Company will pay the charges incurred for such expense within 52 weeks, beginning on the date of accident. Payment will be made for eligible expenses in excess of any other applicable insurance, not to exceed the Maximum Medical Expense Benefit. The first such expense must be incurred within 90 days after the date of the accident. “Eligible Expenses” means charges for the necessary medical treatment and service, not to exceed the Maximum Medical Expense Benefit.
This Plan does not cover treatment or service for which benefits are payable or service is available under any other insurance or medical service plan available to the Insured Person.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Plan does not cover any loss to or resulting from:
- Intentionally self-inflicted Injury, suicide while sane or insane or any attempt thereat (in Missouri this applies only while sane)
- Voluntary self-administration of any drug or chemical substance not prescribed by, and taken according to the directions of the Insured Person’s Physician Participation in a riot or insurrection
- An act of declared or undeclared war
- Active duty service in any Armed Forces of any country, and, in such event, the prorated unearned premium will be returned upon proof of service. This does not include Reserve or National Guard active duty or training unless it extends beyond 31 days
- Parachuting, except for self preservation
- Bungee jumping, flight in an ultra light aircraft, hang gliding
- Sickness, disease, bodily or mental infirmity or medical or surgical treatment thereof, bacterial infection, regardless of how contracted. This does not exclude bacterial infection that is the natural and foreseeable result of an Injury or accidental food poisoning
- Services or treatment rendered by a(n) Physician, Nurse or any other person who is:
Employed or retained by the Policyholder; or
Is the Insured Person or an Immediate Family Member
- Flight in an Aircraft, except as a fare-paying passenger
- Dental treatment, except as otherwise provided, and only when Injury occurs to sound natural teeth
- Any loss for which benefits are paid under state or federal worker’s compensation, employers liability, or occupational disease law
- Treatment in any Veteran Administration or Federal Hospital, except if there is a legal obligation to pay
- Cosmetic surgery, except for reconstructive surgery due to a covered injury
- Charges which the Insured Person would not have to pay if He did not have insurance
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids
- Charges which are in excess of Usual, Customary and Reasonable charges
What are the Accident Medical premium rates?
Amateur or Professional — Premium rates are based on a per bout basis. Note: In the State of Nevada, coverage is
issued on a primary basis. Click here for an instant quote
Extended Claim Service
The first and foremost reason a Policyholder purchases insurance is in the event a claim, that claim is processed in a swift and professional manner. With this understanding, all claims are processed through The Loomis Company of Wyoming, Pennsylvania. Claim forms are supplied in any quantity at no additional charge. All claim forms have filing instructions and a toll free (800) number for claim inquiries or filing help. Copies of all EOB’s (explanation of benefits) and denial letters will be sent to the appropriate Policyholder official or agent. Monthly claim detail reports for each Policyholder will also be mailed. Policyholder officials and agents will also be provided with an internet address to which they may access using any internet browser such as AOL, Internet Explorer or Netscape. At this website they will be able to use a policy specific logon user name and password to view claim information. Information includes name of claimants received, provider information and outstanding amounts, paid amounts and any information requests such as a need for a completed claim form or an itemized medical bill from a provider.
Average claim turnaround time is approximately five to ten days. No pre-certification will be necessary for claimants that must undergo surgery or other similar treatments. If a claimant or physician needs to verify benefits before treatment, that claimant or physician can contact the claims office, the appropriate agent or the plan underwriter. The claims office is a participating member of multiple preferred provider networks including 10 national networks, 85 individual PPO’s, 3,000 hospitals and 500,000 physicians. A claimant is not required to seek treatment from physicians or hospitals that also participate with one of these organizations. A claimant is encouraged to seek treatment at the most convenient location of his or her choice. However, when a claimant visits a physician who is a participating member, it results in a 10% – 30% reduction of the medical bills.
General Liability Insurance Plan >
Protects you in the event of a lawsuit or property damage.